Accelerating Impact: ONE WORLD’s Bay Area Impact Summit
ONE WORLD is excited to announce its 4th Bay Area Impact Summit!
We will highlight examples of how investors, entrepreneurs, and other professionals in the impact ecosystem are taking bold steps today to create a better world.
This program features on-stage interviews with thought leaders in the field of impact investing, fireside chat discussions and panel of investors, a full slate of pitches from 8-10 of the best Bay Area-based social entrepreneurs, and an engaging reception to connect with local investors, entrepreneurs, and other partners sharing our interest in moving the local social entrepreneurship space forward.
Register here to to roll up your sleeves and get inspired for action.
Space will be limited for this event to ensure high-quality idea exchange.
Alongside with many experts, investors and entrepreneurs we will dive deep into themes including:
Identifying alternative sources of capital, including family offices and foundations
Investing into diverse teams and serving diverse customers
Blended Capital Models.
--- View the previous highlight video here ---
12:00 pm: Doors open / Registration
1:00 - 5:30 pm: Program including keynote presentation, breakout sessions, and two rounds of social impact presentations from CEOs
5:30 - 6:30 pm: Reception
SPEAKERS, JUDGES AND ENTREPRENEURS will be announced soon
Past speakers have included:
- Andrew Beebe, partner, Obvious Ventures
- Cat Berman, CEO, CNote
- Tim Brady, partner from YCombinator and founder, imagineK12
- David Cooper, general partner, Nourish Ventures
- Mylea Charvat, CEO, Savonix
- Catherine Crystal Foster, executive director, Westly Foundation
- Peter Herz, co-founder FoodSystem6
- Kristin Hull, founder and CEO, Nia Global Solutions and Nia Impact Advisors
- Dan Kalafatas, co-founder and CEO, 3Degrees
- Lisa Kleissner, co-founder, toniic
- Miriam Rivera, managing partner, Ulu Ventures
- Tony Stayner, managing director, Excelsior Impact Fund
- Christine Su, CEO, Pasturemap
- Cameron Turner, fund manager, Oxford Angel Fund
- Marc Van Den Berg, partner, DBL Partners
- Lisa Van Dusen, SV2
- Mark Wolfson, managing partner, Jasper Ridge Partners
- Learn – Gain exposure to the fundamentals of the industry and learn directly from practitioners
- Network – Build relationships with other impact professionals
- Action – Identify opportunities to increase impact, as investor, entrepreneur, or corporate professional
- Structure – Roundtable and discussions, demo day presentations
- Participants – Mix of entrepreneurs, investors, and corporate professionals
- Focus – Bay Area based impact professionals
CALL FOR ENTREPRENEURS
We have a couple of spaces left for outstanding social entrepreneurs who are ready to pitch at our April demo day and take their social enterprise to the next level.
If you are a Bay Area based social impact for-profit company (seeking both financial and social/ environmental returns), please reach out to our Entrepreneur Manager Pippa Gawley and send her the following information by February 29 via email email@example.com
- Company and CEO name
- Elevator pitch (2-3 lines)
- Funding status (i.e. "currently seeking $1.5M seed round)